Indian hair extensions are the perfect solution for women who want to lengthen their hair, have a hair with more volume and radically change the look instantly. If you regularly take great care of your hair extensions, you know that it doesn’t simply involve take caring of it by maintaining a special cut. It is essential to keep them in good condition. Here, we give you some useful tips on how to care for hair extensions , do not miss these!
Treat Indian hair extensions in the same way as the rest of your hair. You should always have them thoroughly cleaned so they will remain spotless. It is important to follow these steps for how to best wash is, so that your Indian hair extensions will be properly cared for and will look at its best:
- Before washing hair, you may start brushing extensions to undo tangles.
- Wash the hair from crown to tip and always with warm water , as very hot water can damage the appearance of the extensions.
- Use a mild shampoo and make sure it is of high-quality. There are specific products for hair extensions, so it is advisable to consult with your stylist so you know what is the best shampoo for you.
- Do not rub the hair. Simply create a very gentle massage from top down. Take note, massage your hair gently.
- It is very important to moisten the hair gradually and slowly to prevent tangles from forming.
- Use a mild conditioner and nourishing and hydrating mask to complete the process and also rinse with warm water.
Hairstyle. It is essential to brush hair extensions for 2 or 3 times daily. Do it with a soft but wide bristle brush and start combing from the tips in an upward direction. A special brush is great for extensions that prevent extensions from falling down because they can be easily detached due to a strong pull.
Heat is a great enemy to hair extensions, so it is preferable to dry the hair in the air and not abuse the use of dryers, straightening and curling irons. However, the ionic dryers are the best option to prevent frizz and keep extensions looking good for longer.
At the time of sleep, never do with wet hair because hair extensions can weaken, get too tangled and acquire a musty odor. It is also advisable to sleep with your hair in a braid or ponytail .
Also, you should also protect your hair extensions from external aggressions such as pool water and sea. Use some anti-chlorine or sunscreen product to protect your hair. We advise you that as you leave the water, gently brush your hair. It is most advisable to make use of a swimming cap if you are going to take a tip in the ocean or the swimming pool